Rumors are starting to heat up regarding Samsung's Galaxy S11 series of smartphones. Actually, we don't know if they will be called Galaxy S11. It's looking more like Samsung is going to skip 11 and go straight to 20. The Galaxy S20, that is. Alongside the rumors, we're beginning to see leaks trickle in as Samsung ramps up for production and continues testing its latest hardware.
Samsung has also sent out invites for an Unpacked event on Feb. 11 in San Francisco, where we expect the company to announce the Galaxy S20 and the Galaxy Fold 2.
Keep in mind, until Samsung makes an official announcement, any of the information below can (and some of it will) change. That said, leaks of Samsung phones leading up to a launch tend to pick up pace as the launch gets closer, so we should have more reliable information as we head into 2020.
- Samsung has sent out invites for a Feb. 11 event
- It will once again be in San Francisco
- A March 2020 release date is likely
For the past few years, Samsung has announced the next Galaxy S model in February and released it a few weeks later. Samsung's invite for a Feb. 11 event was sent out just prior to CES in early January.
What will it be called?
- Our previous guess was that Samsung would stick to a pattern -- with the Galaxy S11e, S11, and S11 Plus
- However, all signs are pointing toward a big change
- Samsung could go with Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, and S20 Plus 5G
Originally, it made sense that Samsung would follow its previous naming scheme, and the next Galaxy