MozCon 2018 is nearing and it’s almost time to brush off that microphone. If speaking at MozCon is your dream, then we have the opportunity of a lifetime for you! Pitch us your topic and you may be selected to join us as one of our six community speakers.
What is a community speaker, you ask? MozCon sessions are by invite only, meaning we reach out to select speakers for the majority of our talks. But every year we reserve six 15-minute community speaking slots, where we invite anyone in the SEO community to pitch to present at MozCon. These sessions are both an attendee favorite and a fabulous opportunity to break into the speaking circuit.
Katie Cunningham, one of last year's community speakers, on stage at MozCon 2017
Interested in pitching your own idea? Read on for everything you need to know:
- Fill out the community speaker submission form
- Only one submission per person — make sure to choose the one you’re most passionate about!
- Pitches must be related to online marketing and for a topic that can be covered in 15 minutes
- Submissions close on Sunday, April 22nd at 5pm PDT
- All decisions are final
- All speakers must adhere to the MozCon Code of Conduct
- You’ll be required to present in Seattle at MozCon
If you submit a pitch, you’ll hear back from us regardless of your acceptance status.
What you’ll get as a community speaker:
- 15 minutes on the MozCon stage for a keynote-style presentation, followed by 5 minutes of Q&A
- A free